One step closer in search for #theperfectloaf
, look at that almost bursting crumb! BUT I need some help and advice from YOU. This is what I did this time:
347 g artisan / 50 g whole wheat / 30 g dark rye / 320 g water / 9 g salt / 92 g mature starter.
1. Flour and water, autolyse 1 hour.
2. Added the salt and starter, slap fold knead 10 mins, the dough got stretchy and soft
3. Bulkfermentation 4 hours, three folds with 30 min gaps, dough was more firm and not too sticky, small bubbles but not very big ones
4. Preshaped, stretch fold and knife pulls, bowl over 10 mins, bowl removed 10 mins rest
5. Shaping, flipped over seam side up, more stretch folds until good tension, flipped it over seam side down, did not flatten.
6. Proofing, flipped with seam side up in banneton on counter approx 21C for 12 hrs, doubled in size dough was bubbly, it sprang back quite quick after poking
7. Preheated oven for 1 hour on 230C, with Dutch oven inside with water (enamel finish) dumped water right before baking and put the loaf inside with parchment paper. Scorched it about 0.5cm
8. Baking, sprayed the loaf with tepid water before putting the lid on. Baked for 25 mins, and another 25 without.
What can/should I change to get better oven spring?
#sourdough #errorandtrial #liketchen