Can you feel it everybody? FALL! 🍁 It’s in the air. Well, later this week it will be at least 😜
We’re bringing you a recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup 🍜 that can be made #top8allergenfree
for this deliciousness in a bowl. Note: recipe yields about 4 bowls or 6 cups of soup!
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), halved vertically and seeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ cup chopped shallot
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg (note: nutmeg is not a tree nut)!
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Up to 4 cups (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the squash on the pan and drizzle each half with just enough olive oil to lightly coat the squash on the inside (about 1 tsp each). Rub the oil over the inside of the squash and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Turn the squash face down and roast until it is tender and completely cooked through, about 45 to 50 minutes. Set the squash aside until it’s cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Then use a large spoon to scoop the butternut squash flesh into a bowl and discard the tough skin.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet (or large soup pot, if you’ll be serving soup from that pot), warm 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the chopped shallot and 1 tsp salt. Cook, stirring often, until the shallot has softened and starts to turn golden on the edges, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- If you have a high performance blender, transfer the cooked shallot and garlic to your blender. Add the reserved butternut, maple syrup, nutmeg, and a few twists of freshly ground black pepper. Pour in 3-4 cups of veggie broth (depending on consistency you want) being careful not to fill the container past the maximum fill line (you can work in batches if necessary).
Blend, warm in your soup pot if needed, and enjoy!
#soup #allergyamulet #foodallergy #fallrecipes #amuletapproved #comfortfood #dairyfree