everyone! This week’s recipe for Strawberry 🍓 Oat Muffins comes from our friend @cookieandkate.
These muffins can be made #top8allergenfree
with substitutions to suit your diet. They’re a great make-ahead for those busy school mornings that are upon us!
Here’s what you need to know! Note: recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour (or wheat/gluten-free alternative as appropriate)!
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top (or wheat/gluten-free alternative as appropriate)!
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, preferably at room temperature (or flax bloom as appropriate)!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or dairy alternative, we used @so_delicious
coconut plain Greek yogurt)!
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups hulled/diced strawberries (from 1 pound of strawberries, you may not need them all). We threw in some blueberries to sub a few strawberries!
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar (also called raw sugar), for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If necessary, grease all 12 cups on your muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ⅓ cup oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, and eggs. Beat together with a whisk. Add the yogurt and vanilla, and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined (a few lumps are ok). Gently fold the strawberries into the batter. The mixture will be thick, but don’t worry.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. They will be quite full!
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oats, followed by the turbinado sugar. Bake the muffins for 19 to 22 minutes, or until muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. ENJOY!
#healthyfood #allergyamulet #amuletapproved #muffins #healthylifestyle #backtoschool #foodallergies