Special visit From Father Christmas & one of his elves at the Park’s Holiday Open House!
Autumn sun sets on the Isbell House. Built in 1850, this original building now serves as the Park's headquarters. #NPS
The morning sun brightens the fields around the village. A quiet place until April 1865, the arrival of 100,000 troops would change that. #NPS
The Stage Road looking west from the village. The blacksmith shop of Charles Duigiud, a free black man, stood nearby. #NPS
This small cabin was the home of the Widow Kelly in 1865. John Robinson, a former slave and skilled cobbler, lived here after the war. #NPS
A gorgeous afternoon on the way to the courthouse.
Laurent Dubois & the earliest banjo sounds in the America's- 1688.
Charles Sweeney Cabin ready to ring with the sounds of the early banjo!
Sweeney Banjo Festival Sat. Sep. 9.