How about a yummy Hokkien noodle for your Sunday meal plan? Here’s my recipe. Hokkien mee cooked to perfection in my #zenez
cooking wok from @vcaresg
Serves 4 to 5
500g Hokkien noodle (flat yellow noodle)
200g pork loin or chicken breast, thinly sliced
200g prawn, shell and vein removed
200g fish cake, sliced
300g choy sum, cut into inch long
2 tbsp chopped garlic
750ml pork broth or chicken broth
light soy sauce
dark soy sauce
salt and pepper
vegetable cooking oil
1. Marinate pork/chicken in 1 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp corn flour, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2. Heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil in Zenez cooking wok, add 1 tbsp of garlic to saute. Add pork or chicken to stir fry. Then add prawn to combine. Continue to stir fry until cooked, remove from wok and set aside.
3. Add another 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the same wok, then add fish cake to stir fry. Next, loosen up the noodle before adding to wok to combine.
4. Add broth at this stage. Continue to loosen up the noodle gently with a pair of chopsticks. Bring to boil, then place the lid on to simmer for 2 mins. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tbsp of dark sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add choy sum to cook. Last, return pork/chicken to combine, mix well. You may need to add more broth or water during the process of cooking. Allow to simmer for another 1 to 2 mins or until the broth is reduced to gravy. Serve immediately.