One-pot brown rice with pork and veggie
One of the most flavorful one-pot dish and yet so convenient to make. .
Serves 4 to 5
2.5 cups of uncooked brown rice
250g pork belly, sliced into strips
2 Chinese sausage, casing removed, sliced
8 brown button mushroom, cut into quarters
1 carrot, cut into small cubes
1 corn, cut corn kernels off the cob
1 bunch French beans, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 thumbsized ginger, chopped
1 litre chicken broth or water
3 tbsp vegetable cooking oil
light soy sauce to taste
sesame oil to taste
salt and pepper to taste .
1. Add vegetable oil in non-stick wok, stir fry pork until cooked. Add ginger, onion, garlic to combine. Continue to stir fry.
2. Add brown rice to combine, stir fry and add broth/water. Stir to mix well.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (sausage, mushroom, carrot, corn, bean) to combine. Ensure the water level is just sufficient to cover all ingredients. Bring to boil in high heat. You may taste the broth at this stage. Adjust the taste with light soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sesame oil.
4. Cover the wok, reduce the heat to med low. Continue to stir to mix well occasionally to prevent the rice from burning at the base. Add more broth or water if necessary throughout the cooking process.
5. When the broth is absorbed by the rice, taste to check if the rice is thoroughly cooked through. Once cooked, remove from heat and garnish with green onion before serving.
I’m using @vcaresg
Zenez non-stick marble with an anion ceramic coating cooking wok. Perfect for cooking this one-pot rice. .
#deliciousjen #fujifilm #xt2 #fujifilmsg #foodandwine #feedfeed #thenewhealthy #f52grams #nytcooking #nytfood #foodoftheday #rice #paella #onepotmeal #zenez #vcaresg #recipe