officially 4 years in 🇺🇸 and counting.
In no particular order, here's a list of some of the things I've discovered/achieved/learned/ since last year:
• I wanted to buy an island but I think I’m going to grow one instead. One bucket of sand at a time.
• in my next life, I still want to be a gay wizard with a long ass white beard; with an addition of a 🌈 tail
• don't be realistic. There's no point. Be as unrealistic as possible - I dare you to use your imagination.
• nothing is happening TO you; everything is happening FOR you. If you can begin to comprehend the depth of that, your perspective will shift.
• chase sunrises and hidden waterfalls
• let go of the ones who don’t bring out the best in you. Make space for the ones who do; make space for new ones who you have yet to meet.
• my 3 yr old bf who lives in my building finally learned to say NAV. It’s downhill for us from here - i’m still destined to be an old single crazy lady with an obnoxious laugh, training carrier pigeons on my rooftop.
• living your dream looks pretty on the outside - just know that it’s going to be one hell of a struggle and you have to decide if it’s worth fighting for. Go all in or all out. There’s no middle ground in this. Atleast not for me.
• family is everything (the one that's given to you as well as the one you make)
• The view is always better from the edge.
• I could get away with a lot more shit if i knew how to flirt.
• plank. Plank hard. Repeat 3x
• Pocahontas vs Jasmine? screw Jasmine. She was a brat. Pocahontas all the way.
• kids will set you free. I often borrow them from others and teach them that are 5 seasons. Parents hate me.
• the effect you have on others is the most valuable currency you'll ever have.
• redefine success and failure. By your own measurement - no one else’s.
• commit to your own madness. get to know it. Ironically, it’ll keep you sane.
• Wherever you go, all that you’ll find, is everything that you bring with you.
• I spent 23 mins this morning rapping it out to ENCORE by Jay Z, on repeat, in the mirror, pretending I am Jay Z, and can I just tell you, I make a greater Jay Z than JayZ
📸 by @ja.jacheng