Fall is in the air and we're craving warm, wholesome foods like this plant based curry from @whatrobineats.
It's loaded with veggies and packed with spices.
Ingredients: (serves two)
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 4 cloves of garlic
* 1 inch knob of ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon EVOO
(Can sub curry powder if you don’t have the spices below)
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/3 teaspoon cayenne
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
* 4 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
* 1/2 cup @ripplefoods
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 cup broccoli
* 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* Handful spinach
* Red chili pepper flakes to taste
* Tofu or other meat alternative if you’d like
* Blend the onion, ginger, garlic with 2 to 3 tbsp water until smooth.
* Heat EVOO in a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, turmeric and cook until fragrant. (About 15 seconds)
* Add in the onion puree to the skillet, mix, and cook about 7 to 9 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
* Add in the powdered peanut butter, @ripplefoods
Unsweetened Vanilla, water and mix.
* Mix in veggies, cover and bring to a boil for about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Mix in the lemon juice, cilantro, spinach, tofu (or other meat alternative), and red pepper flakes.
* Continue to simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes until the curry thickens. Serve over brown rice and enjoy!