Stroke awareness is always a huge part of my life since suffering my stroke in 2016 💕
I am one of the very lucky ones that received amazing care and treatment so that next week I can enjoy going to Bali 🙏🏻
The @strokefdn is a huge part of why I am alive today and I can’t wait to help promote Stride4Stroke in November 🏃🏼♀️
If you haven’t read my stroke story the link is in the bio and why I will continue to fight for better access to treatment for all rural people across Australia 🇦🇺 .
Our thoughts and prayers are with Lombok and surrounding islands today 🙏🏻💕🙏🏻
The loss of life is devastating and we can’t imagine the horror they all went through 😢
I am getting many questions today from concerned parents that are due to fly to Bali soon if they should go, is it safe?
Here is my advice:
- Check out Smart Traveller website for any warnings on travel and make sure you register before you go. This is for Australians but other countries would have something similar.
- From all reports from families in Bali, things are back to normal. I currently have friends trying to evacuate Gili Islands so check with your accommodation if you are due to travel there.
- There is currently no tsunami warning for Indonesia.
- If I was due to fly out today with my family we would still be going. - Facebook has some great pages and groups full of up to date info. - Mother nature will do what mother nature does, none of us really know what will happen next.
- In the end it is a personal choice for your family and what you feel comfortable doing.
Much love and positive Bali vibes, Kate xx