Battling the #SundayScaries
with these delicious vegan and gluten free Chocolate Walnut Chunk Cookies 🍪 from @thenoshingfox
▻ ▻ ▻
Not only is this recipe incredible simple and fast to make, but it’s super friendly to most dietary needs: gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, vegan, soy-free, and paleo! Plus they pack a bit more protein than your avg. cookies, as well 👌🏻😏. Oh, and if you’re a chewy or crispy cookie person, no problem I gotchu. 🙌🏻 Just adjust the baking time a bit.
Hope you all try them and like them, too 😋! Lemme know in the comments if you did 🤗!!
What’s one of your fave easy, healthy baking recipe btw?! 🍰🍩👩🏻🍳🍪🥧
▻ ▻ ▻
Chocolate Walnut Chunk Cookies 🍪 | V GF SF P RSF👇🏻:
- 2 1/4 C. @thrivemkt
Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 C. Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder(or raw cacao powder)
- 1/3 C. @nutiva
Extra Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/4 C. @wholefoods
Pure Maple Syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 2 tsp @simplyorganicfoods
Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 C. Chopped Walnuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients (except walnuts) until well-combined. ***The dough should be moist and can hold a shape, but not stick to your hands a lot or crumble.***
3. Once cookie dough base is combined, mix in the walnuts.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Spoon ~1-2 Tbsp’s worth of dough and roll into a ball with your hands. Gently flatten out to 1/4” thick discs and place on cookie sheet (~1/2” apart).
6. Bake on middle rack for 12-15 mins. (for chewy) or 18-20 mins. (for crispy).
▻ ▻ ▻
They are fragile right out the oven, so let set up on cookie sheet ~5-10 mins. Then transfer to a cooling rack or continue to let cool on the pan another 5-10 mins. Store in an airtight container. *** ☝🏻I will also say, these are really best eaten slightly warmed, so enjoy them freshly baked or pop them in the microwave or oven on low temp. after they’ve fully cooled for best flavor/texture. ***
▻ ▻ ▻
Have a great rest o